- The selection of Private Developers would be done through an open competitive bidding process. An ‘Expression of Interest’ (EoI) would be called from reputed infrastructure development companies through an open advertisement (salient features of EoI placed at Annexure I). The interested bidders shall submit their response on the basis of which short-listing shall be done.
- The draft Request for Proposal (RfP) document would be issued to the short-listed bidders who will be invited to a pre-bid conference for consultations. Thereafter, the final RfP document (salient features of RfP document placed at Annexure II) shall be issued. The short-listed bidders shall submit their detailed proposals which will include Concept Plans (salient features of a Concept Plan placed at Annexure III) along with the consent from the participating Gram Panchayat (s) and the concerned State Governments. A format for the consent letter shall be provided as part of the bidding documents.
Evaluation of Proposals:
Response to EoIs shall be evaluated vis-à-vis the pre-qualification criteria as laid out in the EoI. At the stage of submission of bids in response to the RfP, there would be no financial bidding. The bidders would be evaluated on their technical capability and assigned scores as per the pre-approved evaluation methodology. The proposals/Concept Plans received from various bidders will be evaluated by a Project Screening and Monitoring Committee and scored and ranked as per the criteria set out in the RfP document. The top ranked bidders would be selected and mandated to prepare DPRs (salient features of a DPR placed at Annexure IV). The DPRs shall be appraised by Project Screening and Monitoring Committee. Thereafter, the DPRs and Capital Grant shall be sanctioned by an inter-Ministerial Empowered Committee and the different agreements executed. In the pilot phase, while there will be an emphasis upon rural development priorities, there shall also be an effort to dovetail the Developers’ perspective on an economically viable project. Each proposal shall also be examined from the point of view of inclusiveness and balanced geographic spread.
Agreements between Stakeholders:
Following agreements will be executed delineating the roles, responsibilities, liabilities and obligations of different stakeholders:
- Concession Agreement: There shall be a Concession Agreement (salient features of Concession Agreement placed at Annexure V) between the Gram Panchayat as the sponsoring authority (grantor) and the Private Developer (concessionaire). The Concession Agreement shall include details of minimum service level standards, performance guarantees, etc. The Concession Agreement will also enable the Private Developer to collect reasonable user charges for the services and amenities provided. Although user charge for the urban amenities to be provided under Government schemes is not compulsory in nature, it is desirable that some fees to the extent that it can be reasonably borne by the beneficiaries be charged.
- State Support Agreement: There shall be a State Support Agreement (salient features of State Support Agreement placed at Annexure V) between the Central Government, State Government and the Private Developer. The commitment of State Government for delivering the core facilities like roads, bulk water and power to the PURA area within defined time-lines shall be made as part of this agreement.
The Committee may associate any other officer/person to assist it.
The Empowered Committee may invite any other officer or expert according to need.
A Project Screening and Monitoring Committee (PSMC) is constituted under the chairpersonship of Joint Secretary, Department of Rural Development (DoRD) which shall examine and evaluate the responses to EoI, proposals including Concept Plans submitted in response to RFPs and the DPRs prepared by Private Developers. The PSMC shall also be responsible for monitoring of progress of sanctioned projects. The members of the PSMC shall be as follows:
- Joint Secretary, DoRD – Chairperson
- Representative of Department of Economic Affairs – Member
- Representative of Planning Commission – Member
- Representative of Department of Drinking Water Supply – Member
- Representative of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy – Member
- Representative of Ministry of Power – Member
- Representative of the concerned State Government – Member
- Director (PURA) – Member Convener
An inter-Ministerial Empowered Committee (EC) under the chairpersonship of Secretary, MoRD comprising the following is constituted for approving the project proposals. The EC shall give approval to different stages of project transaction and take all decisions incidental to the project.
- Secretary, Rural Development – Chairperson
- Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs/ or representative not below the rank of
- Joint Secretary – Member
- Secretary, Planning Commission/or representative not below the rank of Joint
- Secretary – Member
- Secretary, Drinking Water Supply/or representative not below the rank of Joint
- Secretary – Member
- Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy/or representative not below the
- rank of Joint Secretary – Member
- Secretary, Power/or representative not below the rank of Joint Secretary – Member
- Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor, MoRD – Member
- Principal Secretary/Secretary, Rural Development of the concerned State Government – Member
- Joint Secretary (PURA), Department of Rural Development – Member Convener
|PURA crisil_07052010.pdf||153.5 KB|